For Sthoulya mehi advise more kapha pacifying diet and Karshya mehi advise more Vata pacifying diet and routine.
Diet should be changed according to the underlying dosha predominance.
- Avoid all kinds of sugar, jaggery, sweet foods and juices, excess pishtanna i.e rice, potato etc…
- Avoid shukta and Madhya i.e fermented drinks and alcohol.
- Avoid anoopa mamsa i.e flesh of marshy land and red meat.
- Avoid new grains(nava anna).
- Avoid day sleep.
- Avoid sedentary life style.
- Avoid cold foods , cold drinks,frozen deserts
- Avoid large quantities of foods at night.
- Avoid yogurt.
- Avoid canned foods and reheated foods.
- Avoid oily and deep fried foods.
- Favour freshly prepared food and not leftovers.
- Use natural sugar substitutes like stevia.
- Do fasting once a week for 12 hours from 6 am to 6 pm and take light kichadi in the evening.This is for sthoulya mehi only.
- Drink warm water morning on empty stomach.
- Favour yava,godhuma,shastikashali,kulatta,
mudga, chanaka, adhaki, saktu.
- Favour bitter vegetables like patola (Trisanthus Dioica), methika, karavellaka.
- Favour fruits like dadima, jambu, amalaki, kapitta (Limonia Acidissimo), oranges.
- Favour popcorn, roasted channa, puffed rice.
- Favour vegetable soups, light kichadi, simple cooked vegetables for dinner.
- Favour spices like turmeric,cinnamon,coriander,ginger,
black pepper, garlic,onion,curry leaves,fenugreek,asafoetida,cumin.
- Wake up before sunrise i.e. 6 am.
- Do self body oil massage before bath.
- Regular in exercises, walking, yoga, pranayama, TM.
- Regular in breakfast, lunch and dinner timings.Breakfast -light, Lunch-main meal, Dinner-light.
- Walking leisurely 100 steps after dinner.
- Go to bed at 10 pm.